The work of the Department of the Knowledge of The Region includes various forms of library and informative work, such as:
- providing tourist information on tourism and tourist guidance; assistance with route planning and bibliography compilation,
- collaboration with guides and group leaders,
- organizing library classes for young people,
- popularizing ‘quests’ (an entertaining, active form of tourism that combines elements of an educational street game and paper chase – see our “Wielkopolska Quests” series),
- organizing informative events, e.g. cyclic “Wielkopolska without mysteries”,
- providing information about regional customs, history, and nature of Wielkopolska region via www.regionwielkopolska.pl – a web service with an interactive map that helps to plan tours around the region.
The Department’s collection contains books, maps, guide books, CDs and other publications providing information about Wielkopolska region.
The Department has a reading room for users to browse and read the library’s positions, use computers and the Internet.
Department of The Knowledge of The Region
B. Prusa St. 3