Library card and other regulations
You need a library card to borrow books from our library. The card is issued free of charge.
How to get the library card
- Visit our library, bring your ID or passport, and complete the registration form.
- You will have to provide a valid home address in Poland to register.
- If you are under 18 years old and do not have formal identification, your parent or guardian must sign your registration form.
Terms of loan
- You can borrow up to 10 books.
- Loan period is 4 weeks for books, audio books and talking books on cassettes and language courses on CDs.
- Library loans are free of charge.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for their children’s loans.
- You are responsible for returning your loans on time. If a book is overdue, a late fee will be charged.
- If you do not return a book, the library will send you reminder (online and mail).
- If a book is damaged during the loan period, you must replace it with a new one or pay for it.
- You can see all your loans on your library account. Your login is the number of your library card, your password is the last 4 digits of this number.
It is possible to renew your loan once for the period of 4 weeks, except when:
- the book has been already renewed,
- the book is reserved by someone else,
- the book is overdue.
You can renew items online, via phone or when you visit the library.
- Reservation and ordering are free of charge.
- If you owe the library, you can’t borrow books, or make any reservations.
- overdue fee – 0,20 zł per day,
- charge for reminder of overdue books – 2 zł for one reminder (library can send 3 reminders),
- lost or damaged book – you must buy the same book (if not possible, you need to pay its market price),
- new library card 10 zł (when the first one is lost or damaged).
Fines must be paid in cash at the library. We don’t accept payment by credit card.
If you lose or damage your card
Notify the library immediately (call or visit) if you lose or damage your card. In case of losing, the card needs to be blocked.
Cost of a new card: 10 zł.